Men and women of all ages can fellowship and grow together at Westminster in a number of ways. We encourage all adults to participate in "smaller communities," which is our way of describing different affinity groups, including (but not limited to):
- Adult Bible Studies - Some call them "Sunday School" classes, which are the classes that meet during one of two hours on Sundays, 9:30a-10:30a and 11:00a-noon.
- Community Groups - Groups that meet on or off campus and made up of men, women, couples, singles, etc.
- 39'ers - Dedicated to supporting one another in times of sickness, injury, grief, and loneliness, the 39ers of Westminster and their friends, aged 55+, get together each month. Generally, this gathering consists of a covered—dish luncheon, followed by a program featuring a speaker or a singer, musical, movie or another kind of entertainment. In addition, there are special Christmas programs and occasional gatherings at local restaurants. As part of their mission outreach, the 39ers support the After Care program and other charitable organizations. This is a wonderfully active ministry blessed by strong ties of Christian fellowship. Point Persons: Marilyn Miller (864-205-8604) and JoAnn Bristow (864-978-4879)
- Wednesday Night - Fellowship dinner, 6-6:30p, followed by on-campus Community Groups, 6:30-7:30p.
- Choir - The men and women who help lead choral music at our 11a service and other events.
- Ministry Teams - Groups who serve in specific areas within our church. (More to come.)
- Service - Groups/Ministry teams who serve our neighbors in Spartanburg and across the world.
- Support groups - WPC offers seasonal groups for GriefShare and DivorceCare.
To learn more about these opportunities or smaller communities, contact Justin.Lewis@wpcspartanburg.org.